Simmering Suggestions For Third Grade
- Encourage your child to learn good organizational skills. Help him/her pack his/her book bag before bed. This should include homework, lunch money, signed agenda book, signed papers, etc.
- Establish a routine or create a checklist for before and after school time.
- Encourage your child to begin making choices and hold him/her responsible for the consequences.
- Always be ready to listen with empathetic ears. Social “bumps” and “bruises” aren’t uncommon.
- Be generous with words of admiration like....“I don’t think I learned that until I was in middle school!”
Reading for Information
Reading Variety of Genres
Reading Skills: Main Idea and Details, Fact and Opinion, Cause and Effect, Context Clues, Story Elements
The Writing Process
Language Arts Focus:
Parts of Speech
Measurement: Customary, Metric, and Elapsed Time
Regions of Georgia Habitats
Pollution and Conservation
Social Studies Focus:
Our Government: Greek Heritage, Local, State, and Federal Branches of Government
Rights and Responsibilities
- Read Daily
- Practice Addition and Subtraction Math Facts
- Practice re-grouping and borrowing
- Preview Multiplication Math Facts
- Check out www.georgiastandards.org
Third Grade Teachers
Ms. Kali Chappell
Ms. Amy Tankersley